This is the perfect for when a regular collar just won’t cut it….look like an outlaw in any outfit… add it to your next project or to and existing top that needs a little sprucing!
So here goes my first tutorial ever…
B= desired collar length (mine is 6″) + 5/8″ seam allowance on top and bottom
C= length around the back of your neckline + 5/8″ seam allowance on both sides
D= Same as B, desired collar length
- Draw out your pattern pieces (collar front and collar back) on a large piece of paper.
- Pin pattern to fabric and cut out two of each piece.
- Once your pieces are cut out pin collar front to collar back and sew side B to side D right sides together, repeat for second set of pieces. You now have a top collar and a bottom collar.
- Pin top collar to bottom collar right sides together, sew all the way around only leaving bottom edge open (side A/C).
- Now you’re ready to attach your collar and there are a few ways of going about this…. you can sew it on wrong sides together, do some sort of seam finish on it, flip the collar over and call it good (no one will ever see your seam because the collar is so big… or… you can turn side A/C of bottom collar in 3/8″ and press it, sew top collar to garment and then hand sew bottom collar onto garment creating a perfect beautiful collar.
Once again, this is the first tutorial I have ever made and I hope that it is helpful to you… if you have ANY questions please ask!